Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Simon Bob Simon is offline

Default Lamp Dimmer

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 16:03:23 -0500, Bob Simon
wrote:

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:51:50 GMT, "Homer J Simpson"
wrote:

"Bob Simon" wrote in message
. ..

The diodes test good one way so I wonder if either the BT137F triac or
the DB3 diac are the problem. Can these be tested with a VOM?

Not easily. What happens if you bypass the dimmer?

You mean send 120V directly to the bulb? I just tested resistance on
the leads that go to the socket and found 10.3 ohms. Doesn't this
prove the same thing: continuity to the bulb and a non-open filament?

I tried it anyway and it lit up brightly. At least my wife can use
the lamp until I get the dimmer fixed. Thanks.