Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Finished this weekend

wrote:

.... It probably sounds harder than it is. If I have good color tones with
me, I can hone in a good match with test finish in an hour (with a
fast drying topcoat - not poly).

Not all woods are the same, and with some woods that drastically
change grain pattern and formation from the heartwood to sapwood, your
success with this method will vary. I don't know anyone else that
does it this way, but it works for me as it maintains the clarity of
the wood grains.

Really liked that router box!

Robert

Thanks a lot, Robert. It does sound a bit complicated, but I'm printing
your response to try it at some point in the future when the need arises
again.