Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] fredfighter@spamcop.net is offline

Default Global Warming - It NEVER Happened Before

On Mar 19, 4:01 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article .com, wrote:
On Mar 19, 12:50 pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
All the more reason why they should be under the same restrictions as the
western industrial democracies. But they're not. Neither is India.

Neither are we.

Yes, but that's only because we haven't signed and
ratified it. If we had, we
would be.

Yes. We'd be restricted to releasing no more than several
times the CO2 emitted by China and India combined, though
5.2% less than we did in 2000.

Objecting to that is rather like objecting that a 55 mph
speed limit for automobiles is unfair when there is no
speed limit for bulldozers.

[snip]
Kyoto is at bottom a politically-motivated attempt to gut the economies of the
western industrial democracies.

Do you have any evidence to support that nonsense?

I just *gave* you the evidence: Kyoto exempts India, China, and other
developing nations from the CO2 restrictions that it imposes on western
industrial democracies.

Not *my* fault you're willfully blind.

The evidence supports the idea that the motivation
for the treaty is EXACTLY what the treaty states.
That makes sense, even if the world is wrong on
the science.

Your idea requires that the Western Democracies
who did sign on to Kyoto to have agree to gut their
own economies for no particular reason at all.

Does THAT make sense?

--

FF