Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Finished this weekend

Swingman wrote:

Seems the more you try to hide it, the less satisfying the end results is.

Thanks all.

Funny story, Swingman.....after trying a couple things and not liking
the results, I decided to convince myself that the color variation was a
"feature" of the wood. As a few days went by working on the project in
my spare time, I began to like the way the sapwood looked mixed into the
heartwood, and I decided I really had been too critical at first.

Then, when it was finished, I called in SWMBO for her final approval.
Her first comment: "Oh , that's pretty!" Second comment: "Why is that
wood kinda funky looking?"

Oh well.