Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark D. Zacharias Mark D. Zacharias is offline

Default Marantz sr-63 problem

dan kot wrote:
Does it mean i have to replace the capacitor?
How much does a part like this suppose to cost?
Where can i but it from?
Thanks. Dan.

IF it's an SR-63, yes, the cap would need to be replaced. The part is cheap
but a technician's labor not so cheap. The SR-50 probably has a capacitor
performing the same function in it's protection circuit - but the rating and
physical location may very well be different.

If you're not a tech type, and it certainly seems as if you are not, I have
little else to offer. I don't have a schematic on an SR-50, and this
newsgroup is really designed for those with at least a certain technical
competence, not just a vehicle for those too cheap to pay for a repair.

Mark Z.