Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George George is offline

Default air compressor & tool question

"robo hippy" wrote in message
oups.com...
George,
Not sure about the Grex, but I have a Sioux pneumatic. I ran it for a
while, and found out that it kept the compressor running full time
(Cambell/Hausfield 60 gal tank). Takes a lot more electricity to run
than the angle drill. It does keep the shop warmer in the winter.

Not to mention the Grex moves as 15,000 rpm free speed. As we know, sanding
slower is going to give a better finish ....

Seriously, George, consider electric. I love a flex shaft and a 1725
induction FHP motor. No real noise, good control by supporting the
handpiece on the toolrest to just kiss the work, and the capability to hold
the tool securely in one fist while sanding an interrupted edge or
odd-shaped piece held in the other.