Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

Default What would YOU do with this thing?

"Holly, in France" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:28:32 GMT, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Clive Mitchell wrote:

If there was some sort of chimney above it I'd use it as an indoor
barbecue for parties.

Me too! How cool would that be?

I agree! We have a big open fire and I bought a freestanding grill thingy
recently. Great fun, we had bit of a party with an indoor barbecue in
February! I've got a couple of old cast iron pots too. I am eagerly
awaiting the next batch of power cuts, much more fun than a camping gas
hob :-)

If Bob didn't like the look of it all the time, cos let's face it it's not
really a beautiful object is it, he could make some sort of a stand and
use
it with charcoal from time to time....

Holly

--
A couple of properties for sale in Dordogne
http://www.la-plaine.com

I agree that the original use, an indoor BBQ, is kind of cool, but the fact
hat I'd have to use charcoal kinda puts me off. I think the original
installation was subject to bit of misplaced logic when you consider the
climate here. There is a chimney above the grill, as well as a big vent fan.
The fan is meant to blow the smoke into the main fireplace chimney, but when
we moved in it was stuffed with fibreglass insulation. There is no flue on
the grill side, so in winter, frigid air would come bombing down the chimney
and into the livingroom trhough the fan. Yes, there are solutions, but I
guess I like the idea of livingroom BBQs more than the actual act.

--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo