Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
Robert Baer Robert Baer is offline

Default Novice needs help with crazy project

CJT wrote:

Robert Baer wrote:

John Fields wrote:

On 17 Mar 2007 11:57:20 -0700, "jerry"
wrote:

On Mar 17, 2:16 pm, "jim menning" wrote:

"jerry" wrote in message

oups.com...

Gurus,

I need your help...

I am an amateur triathlete and I'm getting ready for the start of
the
triathlon season and I had this problem last year that I'm trying to
solve.

The problem is that during an open-water triathlon swim I need to
skip
a stroke every so often to lift my head out of the water and site the
next turn buoy. I usually find myself off course by a few yards and
need to make corrections. This costs me time from being off course
and from skipping a stroke. So, I had this idea to take apart an old
digital camera or picture phone and mount the camera part to the back
of my head and attach the LCD part in front of my goggles.

Sound

Will such a device be illegal in competition?- Hide quoted text -

Not yet!

---
But, if it's patented, it'll be illegal for you to build one.

Absolutely *NOT* true.
It is OK for one to build a device for one's own use; what is
protected is *selling* the devices without a licence from the patent
owner.

I think you should check your facts.

Sorry; it is you that needs to do the checking.