Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Something to eat the oil?

On Mar 18, 2:28 pm, salad wrote:
I had a car with an oil leak. The car served its usefulness and was
hauled away but I'm left with an oil patch residue.

My friend has a water compressor and I suppose I could blast away at it
but from what I've heard oil and water don't mix. Besides, that water
would get into the storm drain. There's enough junk going inside the
storm drains I don't want to add my share. Is there something, like an
enzyme, I can get at a hardware store that can eat away the oil residue?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

I've had pretty good luck with a creme handcleaner, like Goop. Spread
it over the oil spot, let it sit for a few hours, brush, then hose off
with a hard stream from a nozzle.