Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New driveway - how long to keep concrete wet?

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message
How critical is it that it not dry out? I wasn't paying attention, and
part of it got a bit dry for a few hours. I've kept it wet ever since. The
weather is cool, with occaisonal sprinkles, so it's not hard to keep it
wet. And when can I finally let it dry out?

Thousands of yard of concrete are poured every day and allowed to dry. The
few hours your dried will make little difference. The longer you can keep
it wet the better though, as it will cure stronger. A week would be great,
but a few days will be sufficient.