Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] CeilingFanMan@fusemail.com is offline

Default Hardwire Ceiling Fan with Remote Control

Hi ~

I just bought a Harbor Breeze 52" Avian Ceiling Fan (Model #75849)
from Lowes. Unfortunately, this model comes with a remote control
function and I need to hardwire it. The sales representative convinced
me that all I need to do is to throw away the ceiling fan remote
control and receiver and then hardwire the light to the wall switch
and hardwire the fan connection to a Lutron (SFSQ-F Single Pole Fan
Control Quiet 3-Speed) fan control.

As you are probably aware, there are all types of warnings in the
instructions not to wire this remote control fan to a solid state
speed control. I find this interesting because the receiver for the
remote control unit states that it is a solid state speed control.

Am I correct in assuming that if I remove the wireless receiver and
hook it up to the Lutron solid state speed control switch everything
will work fine? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.