Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert11 Robert11 is offline

Default Lamp Re-Wiring And Shade Question

Hello:

Rewired a desk lamp, and put a new Harp on it.
The harp holds up the shade.

Question: all the harps I have ever seen that they sell for replacements,
have a screw diameter
out the top that is smaller than the holes in all the lamp shades I've seen.

No big deal, as i guess you can center the shade, hold it, and then tighten
down on
the fineale (is this what it's called ?) to hold it.

But was wondering: do they make a spacer to place in the shade hole to
center and accept the smaller harp screw ?

Have never seen one if they do.

What is usually done: just live with the added clearance, or... ?

Thanks,
B.