Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] blacko101@hotmail.com is offline

Default gas valve fails to put gas to ignition cycle

I have a 80% keeprite furnace that is 12 years old. The problem is
that the igniter spark is working fine but the gas flow to the igniter
gives problems on a monthly consistant repeat problem throughout
winter. I have tapped the gas valve where the small tube goes to
supply the igniter to start the pilot cycle, this seems to correct the
problem as said above afor about a month. Two questions I would like
to ask here, 1st there is a screw next to the tube covered and
recessed is the for presser or more gas flow or less?, 2nd what kind
of valve or gizmo is this as I have replaced this furnace gas valve
twice before and this honeywell valve seems to be a recurring trouble,
also could I lubebricate this valve or is this a no no? thx
willsmith101 march18/07