Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Testing batteries & stuff

Hi

Three questions.

Is it possible to find out how much charge remains in a drill/driver
battery? Connecting a multi meter doesn't seem to give sensible figures.
Any way of measuring the charge remaining?

Also, I have a rechargeable torch with apparently a sealed lead/acid
battery. Can I simply charge this whenever, or will the battery develop a
memory? Should I wait till it goes flat?

Lastly, I have an SIP 18v circular saw about 9 months old with 2 x 1.9 a/hr
batteries, but they don't seem to last any length of time at all - never
have done. Anything I can do with them?

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman