Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Exterior, which way to go?

"Rick" wrote in message
I need to fix up the exterior of the house, the stucco on the most weather
exposed side is cracking and there is moisture penetrating. I am in
Northern Calif with hot summers, mild winters and most of the rainfall
during the winter months. Which way to go: a new layer of stucco, a
texcote
application over repaired stucco, or vinyl siding? Advantages, dis-
advanatages, pros, cons, most value for the money?

There's also new stucco that has additives that make it impervious to water,
UV protected, stays the same color for a long time, and other benefits.
It's all up to you and your pocketbook and what you want to look at for the
next twenty years. I like the new stucco/petroleum distillate epoxy glue
mixes, myself.

Steve