Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design,alt.electronics,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Novice needs help with crazy project

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 13:01:38 -0600, CJT wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:37:56 -0400, krw wrote:

[snip]

A one-off for personal use is allowed.

No, it is not.

Yeth it is ;-)

cite?

My personal patent attorney, over lunch, during a discussion of
cable-buster boxes. Many years ago, prior to the institution of
theft-of-service laws.

If you were correct, why would theft-of-service laws be necessary?

But you may not profit from the "personal use".

There are some special cases that have been handled by additional
law... for instance cable boxes, homemade, for "personal use", were
legal until "theft-of-service" laws were written.

Why do you think so many schematics are labeled "for educational
purposes only" ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

...Jim Thompson
--