Gary Coffman

Default hacksaw cutting slowly

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 11:55:18 +1100, "A.Gent" wrote:
Strike a bloody light!
I'd almost forgotten how painful a power hacksaw is.

6 to 10 *seconds* would be about right to get through a one inch square steel bar
using my Brobo cold cut-off saw - plus, the finish on the cut ends is "milled"
super-smooth.

Power hacksaws?
Weld a steel loop on them, and donate them to a local boat owner.

So, how do you do internal cuts? Your cold saw can't get in there,
breaking and rewelding a bandsaw blade is a pain, but it is simple
to thread a power hacksaw blade through a starter hole. Works with
hand hacksaws too, if the frame is large enough.

BTW, my favorite hand hacksaw is a big sturdy bow frame (3 to 4 feet
long) with a length of bandsaw blade used as the hacksaw blade. Long
strokes, cuts quick, and you can really crank in some tension on the
blade to help it cut true.

Gary