Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

Default What would YOU do with this thing?

Our 1950s house came with this funky Majestic indoor grill, built in next to
the fireplace.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bomobob/MajesticGrill

From what little I've been able to find, it's a gas grill, though the house
was never equipped with gas. I suspect someone used it with charcoal,
because there's still a lot of gunk inside.
I have no intention of grilling steaks in the livingroom, though the idea
makes me chuckle.

I don't want to remove it, because it looks kind of cool. So, I'd like to
convert it into something, but can't decide what. The crank mechanism raises
and lowers the internal rack, and that strikes me as something that could
have some potental.

Anyone have any novel ideas for a second incarnation of this funny feature?

Thanks,

Bob