Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Chris is offline

Default Polystyrene ceiling rose removed - how to get rid of gummy adhesive?

Hi everyone,

I've just removed a polystyrene ceiling rose (yuck!) from my lounge
and want to get rid of the remaining adhesive residue without
destroying the lining paper/plaster above. Please can you advise me on
the best product to use for effective removal? Not sure what the
adhesive was, whether it was something like No More Nails etc, but
I've got a pic a href=http://www.ochremusic.com/pics/rose.jpghere/
a if it helps.

Any ideas? I do plan to get a replacement rose - would one of those
light acrylic roses be sacrilege? Or just a practical alternative to
conventional plaster roses?

Thanks for the help.