Posted to alt.home.repair

Default measuring cutout holes in drywall

Real men buy their own tube of lipstick and keep it in their tool
box.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"John McGaw" wrote in message
:
: Measuring will get you there if you are absolutely consistent
about it
: but there are other ways to do it too. For example there are
tools and
: fixtures to allow you to do it more easily. This is one example
of
: several tools I've seen:
http://www.handymark.net/instructions.html And
: if you prefer power tools, one of the Roto-Zip tools will allow
you to
: make the cutout while following the edge of the box.
:
: I have even done it with carbon paper (if you remember back
that far)
: and someone I worked with once told me that he had done the job
by
: dabbing his wife's lipstick around the box to mark the board.
:
: --
: John McGaw
: [Knoxville, TN, USA]