Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default So *nearly* a Victor Meldrew moment

In message , Phil B
writes
and power in the house fused. He started digging a huge hole in the wall to
locate the cable he'd just hit but couldn't see it by candlelight.
Following morning - woke up to find all lights on. Power cut!!
Phil

My neighbour had a vaguely related situation.
There was a power cut and a while later while the power was still off he
came and asked for my help finding which of his fuses had blown, I told
him of the power cut and he said "but your lights are still on!"
The wonders of having fitted emergency light units when the house was
rewired a few years ago.

--
Bill