Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Hemmings Peter Hemmings is offline

Default Zanussi Bearing change

Simon Stroud wrote:

snip

Hi again,

Sorry I didn't actually get to the removing the bearing stage (as the motor
went) so I never discovered how essential pullers are.

OK

I got a cheap set and
later sold them on ebay as I can't think of many other uses for them.

One thing I would suggest - if you are splitting the "tub" it's well worth
replacing the seal between the two halves - with the huge project of
stripping the whole thing down it would be very annoying to introduce a
slight leak that would of course only be discovered when you get it all
powered up again.

Yep, for the cost its not worth the risk!

Good luck!

Thanks - its noisy but not too noisy ATM to make it a priority task!

Simon.