Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default What's the proper Netiquette?

m wrote in message

Someone is always bitching on newsgroups. IF you crosspost they
bitch, if you dont, they bitch. If you top post they want you to
bottom post, and vice versa. And dont you dare misspell anything.

The way I see it, when you enter a newsgroup, you enter with a loaded
shotgun, and you'll use that gun quite often, and others will shoot
you too. Of course there's always your kill filter in your software.
Add the bitches and the assholes to it. Also add the spammers that
somehow manage to crosspost to EVERY newsgroup, and deserve a real
shotgun blast in their face.

The way I see it, crosspost everything but never crosspost anything.
Always top post, middle post and bottom post, everything you say to
satisfy everyone.
And remember this. The faster you pull the trigger, the faster they
fall. Of course a nuclear bomb does far more damage, so if you
encounter one of those really nasty newsgroups, drop the bomb !!!

Official Newsgroup Netiquette Dept.
Pueblo, Colorado 81009

By far the best advice of all.

Steve, the OP