Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] pinhelp@jhilb.com is offline

Default Wire type to use for recessed light?

Wiring Recessed Lighting in/from Insulated Attic

What wiring to use (Bx/Romex or Conduit?)

2 of the upper rooms in our home need some more lighting. Each room already has recessed lighting installed. I'd like to tap power off the
lights already installed in the room to power the new recessed lights.

I've purchased recessed cans for insulated areas (applicable for direct contact with insulation). Can I use Romex to run from the existing
can lights to the new cans? Or should I really be using conduit or flexible conduit instead? The installation will be performed from the
attic.

Code issues? I know I cannot be advised specifically on the code in my area (IL), but generally speaking, I want to be sure I remain within
code.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final