Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default How much dirt in a wheelbarrow

A commercial sized wheelbarrow is 6 CF. There are 27 CF in one
CY. 10 CY=270CF / 6 = 45 trips full to the brim. Weight/CF is
very subject to what type of dirt, but average it at 100 #/CF.
You will probably not be able to handle a full wheelbarrow.

You might strongly consider buying a 2 wheeled wheelbarrow like
this:
http://doitbest.com/DoItBest/Main.aspx?PageID=64&sku=712521&memberid=0129&assoc iate=true
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"salad" wrote in message
link.net...
I know that wheelbarrows come in all sorts of sizes...but I was
wondering, for the standard size wheelbarrow one might get at Ace
Hardware or Home Depot, how much dirt one can carry...not so much
that it spills as its carried. I'm basically looking at a ball
part figure.

I need to get 8-10 cubic yards of soil and was wondering how
many trips (approximate) I'll need to make to get it from the
front yard to the back yard.