Errol Groff

Default hacksaw cutting slowly

One of the (many) things guaranteed to set me off is seeing a student
cutting stock in a lathe as you describe. I believe that it is
extremely dangerous and downright foolish.

Of course in your shop you may do as you wish but in mine it is
verboten!

Errol Groff
Instructor, Machine Tool Department
H.H. Ellis Tech
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

860 774 8511 x1811

http://pages.cthome.net/errol.groff/

http://newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:07:51 -0600, mikee wrote:

Hell, it takes me a least 2-3 minutes to cut off a 1 inch diameter steel rod in
my lathe spinning at high speed with a new, sharp hacksaw blade. By the time
it's done, I'm breathing hard, cussing, sweating, etc.

Mike Eberlein

Leo Lichtman wrote:

I wonder how many of us could actually cut a 1" square piece of steel in one
minute with a hand saw. I know if I tried, I would be winded, and probably
would run overtime.