Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How much dirt in a wheelbarrow

On Mar 17, 5:18�pm, "Charles Schuler"
wrote:
"salad" wrote in message

link.net...

I know that wheelbarrows come in all sorts of sizes...but I was wondering,
for the standard size wheelbarrow one might get at Ace Hardware or Home
Depot, how much dirt one can carry...not so much that it spills as its
carried. *I'm basically looking at a ball part figure.

I need to get 8-10 cubic yards of soil and was wondering how many trips
(approximate) I'll need to make to get it from the front yard to the back
yard.

6 cubic feet is typical. *Over 20 trips.

depends on how much weight your willing to move at one time....

I prefer a little less with more trips

knowe anyone with rider mower or tractor with utility cart?