Posted to alt.home.repair
Rich Rich is offline

Default Tankless Water Heater Install Question

wrote:
On Mar 10, 1:53 pm, "Jimmy" wrote:
I recently purchased aTakagiTK1S, I am preparing to have this
installed soon. My question is this: my existing tank (located in my
basement) has 3" exhaust that goes into the chiminey stack, can the
new venting replace this? Does the venting only need to enter the
stack or does it need to be piped all the way to the roof? I hope
this makes sense. I have a couple photos if that will help,
unfortunately I cannot post them here, so I will email if needed.
Thank you.

-Jimmy

Let us know how the installation went/ how things are working.

I'm considering an installtion on a major renovatin. How did you
decide on a Takagi vs. Bosch, etc?

Good luck!

I installed Bosch a few months ago and I just tied into the existing vent
stack with a wye. I'm still using the old water heater for baseboard heat in
my basement and first floor office. Just make sure the pipe is proper sized
and not reduced from heater to existing stack.

Good luck, Rich