Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Loblaw Bob Loblaw is offline

Default Toshiba DLP problem.

It appears as though the light tunnel has come "unglued". I have replaced
the light tunnel ass'y, repaired it and replaced the entire light engine in
different situations.

Rebuilt light engines seem to work fine for the most part.

"Dani" wrote in message
oups.com...
Toshiba 44NM84 DLP has a black bar down the right side of the screen,
where there is no video, as if the "eye" of the optics in the light
engine is out of alignment I talked to Toshiba, Canada,
& I can replace the light engine with a rebuilt one, or apparently
repair the light engine, by replacing a part inside. Has anyone done
this before? Because most manufacturers won't let you
fix a light engine, & also charges a "dud" fee, but now you can buy
rebuilt ones! Have the rebuilt
light engines worked out ok? It's extended warranty, & I would rather
get the whole rebuilt part.
Thanks, Dani. Here's a pix of the fault.

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/attach//808663-Line1.jpg