Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical
Ryan Weihl Ryan Weihl is offline

Default 40-pin controller IC identity?

Lionel wrote:

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:15:35 -0700, SparkyGuy
wrote:

Haven't been able to identify this controller. Don't need
replacement; it's got custom code, I'm sure. Would be nice to have
pin IDs.

http://img6.picsplace.to/img.php?file=img6/27/CliffordPCB.jpg

Looks like a custom mask-programmed micro. It's a Nat-Semi of some
variety, but I'm not familiar enough with their range of
microcontrollers to make an intelligent suggestion as to which one. If
you can find the right 'family' on their website, you should at least
then be able to identify clocks, power & I/O pins, if that's any help
to you. You might also try contacting a support person there & see if
they have any ideas:
http://www.national.com/

or could this be a SC\MP version of NatSemi. discontinued
see heavier traces on 20 and 40
rw