Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Peter Huebner Peter Huebner is offline

Default Is anyone familiar with this chainsaw?

In article ,
says...

Don't get safety chain for ripping turning blanks. Clogs too much. Get a
good chisel chain, or perhaps a skip-tooth. Skip tooth gives a bit more
feedback on crosscutting, so I'm staying with chisel.

Chisel is good for pine, willow, poplar etc. For hardwoods especially ones that
have a high silica content you're better off with semi-chisel which has a kind
of rounded over shape to the teeth rather than the sharp corner -- stays sharp
much longer. I also have no problems ripping with semi-chisel.

cheers, -Peter