Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Is anyone familiar with this chainsaw?

wrote in message
oups.com...

No kiddin'. I haven't seen an HD branded chainsaw, but I sure
wouldn't be surprised.

But here's a fun fact, too. Husqvarna is sold by Lowe's, which sells
the 455. From them, the saw is sold with the medium duty bar, and a
light chain for the same price you can buy that saw at many places
with the heavy duty bar and a good chain.

As always, buyer beware, eh?

Yup, my findings in the last 3 years or so is that if you can find it
somewhere else it's gunna be cheaper than the Big Box. Good Luck.
You uh, gunna be going after any Mesquite?
I am making a modification to out kitchen and adding a Cook Book/Small
drawer unit between two cabinets and over a window. I am putting Mesquite
handles on the tops of the drawers. Boy is that stuff nice to work with.
Very stable and it sands out as smooth as glass.