Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Zanussi Bearing change

On 17 Mar, 20:41, Peter Hemmings wrote:

What was actually worrying me was how I supported the drum and tub
before I split it. I took the rear
outer case of the machine to check/maintain the motor and get a bit of
oil into the rear bearing on the back of the tub. If I then took the
front casing off it would seem to fall apart!!
I assume to get at the screws that split the tub (that face forwards) I
would need to remove the front casing? The problem would then be
removing the bolt securing the rear bearing onto the back of the drum
shaft, which would be lying on the floor inside the back of the casing!
That's assuming I had tp lye the machine on its rear casing.
Could someone advise the method of getting at the tub (should I decide
to attempt bearing renewal)?

NT

I hope that's a bit clearer now

Regards

Yes, much. I dont know how yours disassembles, but you sure dont need
to worry about support. The drum is subject to enormous forces during
operation, and the tub to some extent too. Theyre very robust
components.

NT