Posted to uk.people.consumers,uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Electric Bill - Is this Eccessive?

On 2007-03-17 17:00:28 +0000, "Simon Finnigan"
said:

You need a better supplier! I`m with Ebico, and when I contact them to
discuss my payment they ask "How much do you expect to use". I told them
how much we spent last year, and we came up with a figure that seems fairly
accurate. It`s ended up being on the high side because we`ve cut down what
we use, but if we hadn`t it would have been pretty much spot on for the
course of a year. As it is I`d rather build up a bit of a credit balance
now, so if prices go up then it`s a bit of a buffer. if prices go down then
we`ll get a decent lump sum out of them. :-)

That's completely illogical.

All you are doing is lending them money at zero interest.

When prices go up, all that will have happened is that
you will have prepaid an amount of money.

This is only interesting if you could buy energy units in advance -
then it might be eventually worthwhile.

How many Lottery tickets do you buy each week?