Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lurch Lurch is offline

Default Zanussi Bearing change

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:06:57 -0000, "Scabbydug"
mused:

"Peter Hemmings" wrote in message
.uk...
I have a Zanussi Jet System 1050 which is getting a bit noisy. I have had
it in pieces and serviced the motor but the bearing is still a bit noisy.
I can see the drum (plastic) splits in half but do not have a manual!
Does anyone know if I can do a bearing replacement without removing the
whole of the drum?

Thanks

Believe it or not we have exactly the same machine in exactly the same
situation as yours, makes a hell of a noise when spinning.
we got a quote from a guy to fix it but the cost of the parts and his time
make repair uneconomical.
Got a new machine ordered.

Normaly about £65-85 for bearings and a service. Not usually
uneconomical unless the machine is completely knackered.
--
Regards,
Stuart.