Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Tom Storey Tom Storey is offline

Default Turning cedar

I turn some cedar and I try to confine it to cedar burls. Yellow cedar is
great to turn, oily and like butter (similar colour too). Some cedar wood is
similar to the wood one finds in pencils and it is a royal pain to turn.
Plus it hasn't much charater when turned. A caution here; I have welts on my
wrist similar to poison ivy and as itchy as hell. This was caused by yellow
cedar and every time I get near it agin the rash comes back.

Tom

"PapaChuck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anybody have any opinions about turning cedar. I have an abundant
supply of "recycled" cedar from a chainsaw artist friend of mine.
Have used it for birdhouses up to this point.

-- Papa Chuck