Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default How to set up a hand plane

RM MS wrote:
" . . . If you use the Veritas MKII honing jig with the cambered roller,
you can sharpen . . ."

See, this is what Iam talking about--too many shoppers listening to too
much bull**** from too many salesmen. A soft grinding wheel for
beginners, or a hard one or any damn one for pros, and a friggin stone
or 2, and enough sense not to burn your stuff on it is enough equipment
to sharpen your planes and chisels, too. Also your pocketknife. GEEZE,
man, cool off the catalogs

Any particular wood you'd like everyone to use? I don't necessarily
disagree with the sentiment (read the PS to my post), but you
certainly seem inordinately hot and bothered about what other people
do with their time and money.