Larry Jaques

Default the Home Schooled was Clark is correct

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 14:10:37 GMT, "Ed Huntress"
brought forth from the murky depths:

-snip of interesting times-
I don't know what became of the Washington County program. At the time I
thought we were the wave of the future, and that all school systems would
have it eventually. But I've seen only a little of it around the country.

Perhaps our favorite teacher's union had something to say about it.
"Try to automate _us_ out of teaching positions, will they?"

OTOH, I've suffered through way too many lectures where the teacher
merely recited a textbook. So I know what you mean about "talking books".
That's more than dull, especially since I can read far faster than a

person
can talk, while maintaining what is probably greater comprehension than
can be gotten from a bore droning along at 1/10th the information rate.

I became very hostile toward history after my 3rd grade teacher
sat for hours lecturing us on her fascinating trips abroad. (She
was 5'2", 160lbs, and dull as a chalkboard.) Her tests just happened
to contain questions based mainly on her discourse, not actual
history.

Iguana: The other green meat!