Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default Oil rubbed bronze paint?

If you go to a good paint store, they probably have spray cans that are a
pretty good match.

There is a difference between bronze, and oil rubbed bronze however. Bronze
is kind of a pink color, oil rubbed bronze is a dark brown. In real
architectural finish, like door handles the oil rubbed finish wears in use
to show nice highlights, Paint however will not five you this, but is does
look pretty close to the real deal before it highlights.

Here is an idea of the finishes, The computer doesn't really do it justice
but it is close.
http://www.historichouseparts.com/finishes.htm

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I have just redid my bathroom and the hardware have a bronze finish. I
would like the A/C vent covers match the hardware as much possible. Is
there a paint solution to this problem? (I saw bronze finish vent
covers for around $70 on the internet, which I find too high.)

Thank you in advance!

Aaron Fude