Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] rd080599@yahoo.com is offline

Default Wet saw breaks tile at end of cut

On Mar 16, 4:23 pm, wrote:
On Feb 26, 10:24 am, "Cactus Jack" wrote:

Hello, all. I recently bought a 7" wettilesaw. Nothing fancy, just
an inexpensive Home Depotsaw. Thesawdoes a great job of cutting;
however, on some types oftile, at the end of the cut it tends to chip
or break a corner off thetile. Does anyone know a way to prevent
this from happening? The only thing I've found that seems to help is
to slow down thetilefeed to a creep as I approach the edge of thetile, but this does not always prevent the chipping.

Thanks,
Jack

Are you cutting porcelain? When you cutting hard porcelain on your
tile saw the diamond in the blade will start to round over. You may
need to use a dressing stone on the blade. It is an abrasive stick
that you cut into with your blade. This will expose new diamond and
should help with the breaking of the tile. Contractors Direct carries
a good one a target="_blank" href=http://www.contractorsdirect.com/
Siri-True-Blue-Dressing-Stonehttp://www.contractorsdirect.com/Siri-
True-Blue-Dressing-Stone/a. They also have a cool comparison chart
on a target="_blank" href=http://209.35.48.178/BERT/saw-comparison/
tile-saw1.htmltile saws/a.