Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.repair
jtpryan jtpryan is offline

Default Is Home Depot shafting shoppers? "Home Depot is a consistent abuser of its customers' time."

On Mar 10, 8:16 am, George wrote:
Stephen Blackpool wrote:
March 8, 2007
Is Home Depot shafting shoppers?
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...meDepotShaftin...

By cutting back on employees, the home-improvement retailer is putting
the screws to the people it needs most: its customers.

I am surprised that anyone is surprised. Big box stores are interested
in wiping out all of the small stores. To do that they had to make
themselves look like good guys at first. Once they decimate the small
stores they can cut way back on staff and raise prices.

Yeah, but around here (New Hampshire), I have yet to see a True Value
or other like hardware store go under. When I dtalk to the owner's
they say HD and Loews address a different market.

I only go to the big ones on Sunday for wood. No where else to get
it.

-Jim