Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default What's the proper Netiquette?

I especially read the other group when the first group is this one,
because this is so busy, it can be hard to find my own thread after a
day or two. And I can retain headers in other groups for years but
not so long in groups where I retrieve most of the bodies.

One thing I do for that situation is to Mark All Read as I leave the group,
then come back in a minute or so, and reload the group; usually it'll
contain my post, or at least will in a few more minutes. Then I Flag My
post.
If anyone responds to my post, then the newsgroup list turns that group
to Red in the left pane, so I know I have a response in the list there. No
Red, no reponse. My post will also be Red in the newsgroup listing of
posts, so it's easy to spot there, too.

Takes a half minute or so to set up sometimes, but lots better than
searching. Takes longer on moderated groups, of course, especially if they
actually monitor and don't just claim to, or monitor after the fact.

Then there is always the Show Replies to My Messages, but that's not as
convenient, IMO.

Ymmv

Pop`