Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking,alt.engineering.electrical
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default Jet 1442 Problem

"Joe" wrote in message
et...

Capacitor start motors are notorious for tripping GFI receptacles. GFI
receptacles are typically designated for use with portable hand held
tools, which a lathe is not.

Do you think I would be better off removing the GFI receptacle and
installing a GFI breaker instead?
The garage is on one breaker, and the gfi is upstream of the rest of the
receptacles. Are the GFI breakers less finiky than the receptacles?
I should probably just put in a sub panel, but I don't think I have the
room.

thanks,

Joe

FWIW Joe, all of my wall outlets in my garage are on ground fault outlets
and I've never tripped one with my tablesaw, my drill press, or my jointer.
I would not worry too much about the GFI's.

-Mike-