Posted to rec.woodworking
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default How do I cut a 4x4 post?

wrote:
Ok, I've tried cutting the end with a sawzall, the ends come out
uneven. I tried with a circular, I can't ever seem to get the cuts to
line up when I flip the wood to do the other side. And the miter saw I
have just isn't big enough.

I've resorted to having Home Depot cut them there, but they don't do
precision cuts, and sometimes they are too busy and I don't want to
wait.

Add in the fact that sooner or later I'm going to have rough sawn 4x4
that I will have to cut myself regardless.

Besides buying a really big miter/radial arm saw, any suggestions?

Either get more accurate with your skilsaw or use a power sander on the
cuts. This is sort of silly.