Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ben Ben is offline

Default Grrrr... Siemens gasman taking the ****

rant
Oh well... I booked British Gas to change my gas meter from token to
quarterly in my new flat, who delegated to Siemens who apparently now
own the things.

They sent someone around on Wednesday the 13th between 1800 and 2000.
He never turned up, claiming nowhere to park. I can't prove this to be
incorrect, but it seems incredibly unlilely at that time of night and
he didn't ring me to check where he could park.

He was rescheduled to the following Tuesday...no show.

He was then rescheduled to this Friday evening between 1800 and 2000.
At 1945 I phone up to be told that he couldn't find anywhere to park
and the door intercom gave no answer. The former seems unlikely, the
latter is verifiably false - my intercom is very loud and working
perfectly. They have my address and phone number correct on file,
which means the only explanation is he was never here at all.

I hate to cast dispersions but this bloke has to be fibbing his head
off - and yet Siemens will still only reschedule for the middle of
next week and say a complaint will take 10-14 days to process. I know
they have a 24 hour service section for dealing with emergencies - I
don't see why they can't dispatch one of them to do they job their day
man has so repeatedly failed to do. Grrrrr....
/rant