Posted to alt.home.repair
Pop` Pop` is offline

Default What's the proper Netiquette?

Jim Redelfs wrote:
In article ,
"Rick Brandt" wrote:

As long as you keep the list of groups to three (maybe four)
or less and all the groups are relevant then crossposting
is fine and MUCH preferred to Multi-Posting.

Agreed.

My newsreader will mark as READ an article that I have already read
in one group but is crossposted to another group I read. (No point
in reading the same article twice. That is where the annoyance
factor comes in.)

Posting the same article individually to each of several groups
circumvents the above feature/aid. That is when the annoyance factor
REALLY soars.

On those rare occasions when I crosspost an article, I try to include
"[Crossposted]" in the first line of the body. I consider this a
courtesy to those that might reply but do NOT want their newsreader
to automatically crosspost their reply. (This alerts the replier(?)
that they may wish to edit OUT the additional newsgroups before
posting.)

Hmm, that's a little rude, and destroys the usefulness of crossposting, does
it not?

Pop`