Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default Kudos to Grizzly

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"todd" wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
news

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
We have a new kitchen with room for an island, but I haven't been able
to get around to making it. So, the wife sees a picture in a magazine
of buffet-looking piece of furniture with a countertop with legs
supporting an overhang. She also recalls a similar unused piece at her
parents' house. So, we now have this piece, but it needs a new, larger
top. I really don't have the time to build a butcher block top, so I
looked around for one. I ended up ordering a 1 3/4 x 30 x 60 maple
workbench top from Grizzly. It arrived by freight today. The top was
wrapped in a double-layer corrugated carton with heavy cardboard angles
around all edges. That was all held on with nylon strapping and what
appeared to be an entire roll of packaging tape. Inside, there were
hard plastic corners on each corner. Let's just say this was packed
very well, IMO. Most importantly, the wife is pleased.

todd

So you are giving Kudos' to Grizzly because something you bought came to
you undamaged? What is this world coming to?

My prediction came true. Damnit, Leon, do you ever say "thank you" for
someone doing a good job? Yes, I expected it to arrive undamaged. This
was packaged in such a way that it would have very difficult to damage if
you even tried. You complain that it isn't "good customer service" when
there's a problem and it gets fixed because, well, there shouldn't have
been a problem in the first place. Here's a case that fits your
description, but you apparently still wouldn't acknowledge a good
transaction. So, if a company doesn't get a pat on the back for fixing a
problem or doing it right the first time, just when you would be happy?
I'm glad you're not my client.

todd

Just a thought here Todd.

Have you let Grizzly know how pleased you are? If not, maybe you could
drop them a line. Good service should be encouraged wherever and whenever
it occurs IMHO.

They're actually next on my list. Since the top is quite heavy, it was
shipped via freight. I wasn't home when it arrived, and I knew my wife
couldn't manage it. The driver was good enough to carry it into the garage,
which I don't think he was obligated to do. I dropped the manager of the
local depot a line to say thanks.

todd