Posted to rec.woodworking
todd todd is offline

Default Kudos to Grizzly

"Leon" wrote in message
news

"todd" wrote in message
. ..
We have a new kitchen with room for an island, but I haven't been able to
get around to making it. So, the wife sees a picture in a magazine of
buffet-looking piece of furniture with a countertop with legs supporting
an overhang. She also recalls a similar unused piece at her parents'
house. So, we now have this piece, but it needs a new, larger top. I
really don't have the time to build a butcher block top, so I looked
around for one. I ended up ordering a 1 3/4 x 30 x 60 maple workbench
top from Grizzly. It arrived by freight today. The top was wrapped in a
double-layer corrugated carton with heavy cardboard angles around all
edges. That was all held on with nylon strapping and what appeared to be
an entire roll of packaging tape. Inside, there were hard plastic
corners on each corner. Let's just say this was packed very well, IMO.
Most importantly, the wife is pleased.

todd

So you are giving Kudos' to Grizzly because something you bought came to
you undamaged? What is this world coming to?

My prediction came true. Damnit, Leon, do you ever say "thank you" for
someone doing a good job? Yes, I expected it to arrive undamaged. This was
packaged in such a way that it would have very difficult to damage if you
even tried. You complain that it isn't "good customer service" when there's
a problem and it gets fixed because, well, there shouldn't have been a
problem in the first place. Here's a case that fits your description, but
you apparently still wouldn't acknowledge a good transaction. So, if a
company doesn't get a pat on the back for fixing a problem or doing it right
the first time, just when you would be happy? I'm glad you're not my
client.

todd