Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking,alt.engineering.electrical
Bill Rubenstein Bill Rubenstein is offline

Default Jet 1442 Problem

I'd solve the problems one at a time. Why does the motor not work? As
I remember, it doesn't work on a non-GFI circuit either?

Bill

Joe wrote:
Capacitor start motors are notorious for tripping GFI receptacles. GFI
receptacles are typically designated for use with portable hand held
tools, which a lathe is not.

Do you think I would be better off removing the GFI receptacle and
installing a GFI breaker instead?
The garage is on one breaker, and the gfi is upstream of the rest of the
receptacles. Are the GFI breakers less finiky than the receptacles?
I should probably just put in a sub panel, but I don't think I have the
room.

thanks,

Joe