Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Williams Tony Williams is offline

Default No more filament bulbs

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:

I wonder what would have happened if one were to dial the codes
back and forth or in a circle back to the starting exchange.

When I worked at Ferranti in Bracknell, (before
STD), one of the lunchtime competitions was to
do exactly that. You needed two phones near to
each other, both with direct dial out. Then tap
from local exchange to local exchange and finally
back to the nearby phone. The winner of course
was the one who went through the highest number
of exchanges.

Reminiscent of "All Gas and Gaiters" and their
railway competition. The quickest place to place
using Bradshaw's Timetables book.

Jeez. That's showing my age.

--
Tony Williams.